Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Based out of Calgary Office, the Senior Water Resources Engineer will support the Infrastructure Planning Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform urban water, sanitary and drainage system modelling, including data management, model setup and calibration, and system assessment.
• Lead the development of Infrastructure servicing plans for subdivisions, neighborhood and city-wide areas.
• Perform hydrological and hydraulic modelling and lead the development of Integrated Stormwater Management Plans and Flood Management Plans.
• Develop rainwater source control LID concepts and assist in LID designs; • Lead technical analysis in support Civil engineering design associated with municipal water, sanitary sewer, drainage conveyance works and hydraulic structures.
• Prepare construction cost estimates, implementation plan and operation and maintenance manuals.
• Write and review of technical memorandums and reports.
Additional responsibilities will include client communication and management; assistance with proposal preparation; coordination with subconsultants, regulatory agencies, project planning, budgeting, scheduling and other project management tasks.
Skills and Qualifications:
•Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field with minimum 5 years of related experience. Eligibility for Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
• Experienced in hydrological and hydraulic analysis and modelling using various techniques and modelling software.
• Experienced in infrastructure master planning and flood management planning.
• Proficient in using Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Civil3D, ArcGIS or QGIS and other computer programs used for preparing reports, presentations and designs.
• Experienced in project management.
• Excellent communication and technical writing skills.
• Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.