Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Reporting to the Branch/Project Manager, you will work with our Project Teams on a wide range of Land Development & Public Sector project performing CAD drafting and design work. This is a senior role primarily performing Civil 3D and AutoCAD related drafting assignments on a project team, along with providing mentorship to new CAD Technicians and taking a leadership role in AutoCAD usage within the firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take a leadership role in the development and mentorship of new CAD Technicians within the department.
- Be a go-to person for CAD related questions.
- Prepare engineering base plans from survey information, GIS information, and record drawings.
- Prepare reference plans from consultant plans (Architectural, Landscape Architectural, etc.).
- Set up production drawings such as Cover Sheets, Notes, Key Plans, Roadworks, Storm Sewer, Sanitary Sewer, Water Main, Cross Sections, ESC Plans, Pavement Marking & Signage Plans, Design Details, etc.
- Utilize Civil 3D labels, label styles, and production tools to effectively present the critical information in a visually effective way.
- Utilize and oversee the use of Sheet Set Manager to control large drawing set title blocks and sheet set information within a drawing package.
- Undertake drafting work in accordance with Client, Municipal, and Aplin Martin design/drafting standards.
- Complete redlines and plan revisions.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and design staff to provide status updates, discuss challenges, and address plan revisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- One year CAD certificate from a college or technical school, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 10 years of CAD design experience.
- Strong leadership skills.
- High proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to accurately interpret redlines and direction.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.