Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively coordinate assigned projects through the municipal design approval process as the Engineer-of-Record for the project.
- Direct involvement with the detailed engineering design process, guidance of technical support staff as needed to ensure completion of the design objectives, approvals, and documents.
- Exercise judgment on the appropriateness of engineering requirements identified by municipal jurisdictions.
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes.
- Meet project milestone events in accordance with client and municipal deadlines.
- Track project progress and obtain authorizations/approvals for changes in schedule/scope.
- Resolve more complex issues during both design and construction phases.
- Contract Administration and Management.
- Responsible for the fundamental aspects of project management of assigned projects including budget tracking and invoicing.
- Provides mentorship and evaluation of junior staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of local experience in design of land development or capital works projects.
- Registered as a P.Eng. within the province of work.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to work simultaneously on several different projects.
- Consistently able to produce accurate, high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Experienced and knowledgeable of tender preparation with construction administration experience preferred.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events.
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.