Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively support the management of assigned projects through the municipal design approval process.
- Exercise judgment on the appropriateness of engineering requirements identified by municipal jurisdictions.
- Work with the Design Lead and/or Engineer-of-Record to ensure the detailed design process effectively meets the needs of all stakeholders and stays on schedule.
- Take the lead role in day-to-day coordination with other consultants, third-party utility agencies, and Municipal staff, communicating coordination outcomes clearly to the rest of the project team.
- Work closely with the Project Manager on Client interactions and engage directly with the Client’s representative on day-to-day project matters.
- Attend meetings with Clients, Contractors and Municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes.
- Meet project milestones in accordance with Client and Municipal deadlines.
- Track project progress and work with Project Manager to obtain authorizations/approvals for changes in schedule/scope.
- Contract and construction administration.
- Assist the Project Manager with 3-month forecasting of work projections, invoice preparation, and budget tracking.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the civil engineering field.
- Registered as either an EIT, AScT, C.E.T., C.Tech., P.Tech., P.L.Eng., or a P.Eng. within the Province of work (or approved equivalent).
- A formal course in Project Management as part of a Certificate or Diploma in Project Management curriculum (confirm locally available and eligible options with your Branch Manager).
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work simultaneously on several different projects and with multiple lead designers.
- Knowledgeable in civil engineering design principles.
- Knowledge of tender preparation, with some construction administration experience preferred.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events.
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.