Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
A registered architect with 5-10 years of BC experience focused on multi-family and mixed-use projects. Aplin Martins Vancouver office is looking for an experienced Project Architect who will become a team leader supported by highly collaborative design professionals including planners, designers, project coordinators, and technologists. The successful candidate should be well rounded and be particularly familiar with multi-family residential and mixed-use development projects through the rezoning and development permit phases continuing to BP and the completion of construction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in all phases of design with the ability to lead and oversee multiple projects from schematic design through working drawings to completion of construction.
- Strong understanding of building technology with a thorough understanding of construction detailing of both wood and concrete construction
- Self-directed with the ability to potentially lead project teams, achieving project goals within budgets.
- Familiarity with dealing with consultants, contractors and authorities having jurisdiction.
- Understanding of BC Building Code and local by-laws
- Trustworthy with ability to build professional, positive business relationships.
- Skillful in managing client expectations.
- Self-motivated, confident, and professional
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful, flexible, and adaptable to changing demands and priorities.
- Willing to share and contribute to collaborative teamwork.
- Comfortable using AutoCAD and SketchUp as designing tools.
- Revit and Lumion knowledge considered an asset but not mandatory.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5 to 10 years of Canadian experience in multi-family and mixed-use projects
- Registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events.
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.