Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Based in the Kelowna Office, the Planning Technician, which may also be called CADD Technician/Analyst, is a paraprofessional position within the planning industry. The Planning Technician devotes a significant amount of time on routine design/drawing tasks and takes direction from the planning analyst, urban designer, planning designer, project planner, planner, and senior management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare planning maps and drawings
- Provide technical assistance and information to internal staff
- Interact and coordinate with outside agencies and subconsultants
- Follow and maintain project schedule
- Collect background Bylaw and policy information
- Compile and prepare base plans
- Perform basic subdivision design
- Perform basic illustrative design
- Prepare multifamily layouts with set footprints
- Perform plan calculations and analysis
- Prepare technical information for meetings
- Prepare open house materials
- Using various drawing and graphic techniques, prepare designs or redesigns of subdivisions, land use plans and development concepts that are typically addressed through the Planning and Development process
- Prepare graphic illustrations and analysis relating to design submissions and planning application
Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to prepare GIS drawings and plans.
- Able to read and interpret land use regulations including zoning bylaws.
- Able to receive information from outside consultants and include information into plan preparation.
- Able to review plans.
- Has knowledge of, and application of land use planning regulations.
- Apply provisions of the regulations to field conditions.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- A College diploma in urban and/or regional planning.
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Strong ERSI, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and design skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with the land development process including site plans, neighborhood plans, and other planning application.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events.
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.