As a Contract Administrator your primary obligations will be to direct activities related to contract and construction administration including field reviews, change orders, payment processing, ensuring compliance with applicable standards and regulations, and coordinating with third party utility agencies, municipal staff, and contractor senior staff. Internally, you will be required to liaise with multiple Project Managers, Design staff, and Inspectors on a variety of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate effectively with Project Managers, Engineers, Designers, Inspectors, and other staff as required.
- Assist the Project Team with preparation of project budgets related to Construction Services.
- Accumulate, evaluate and present feedback information related to errors and omissions in construction documents and troubleshoots minor construction issues.
- Present information related to major construction issues to Project Manager / Engineer-of-Record.
- Maintain regular communication with Project Managers and Clients regarding project status, site issues and project quality, and resolve issues as required.
- Participate in project status meetings.
- Conduct on-site observations, prepare reports, conduct meetings, and make document interpretations to resolve construction administration issues in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Project Team to ensure project completion in compliance with contract documents and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Cooperate with and assist Project Managers with Client relations related to construction and contract administration.
- Provide timely responses to all parties as needed to ensure completion of the works.
- Evaluate Contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved.
- Conduct or participate in pre-construction meetings.
- Review shop drawings, manuals, guarantees, bonds and other project and post-construction submittals for approval and dispositions.
- Assemble and verify construction contract change order information for approval by Project Manager and Owner.
- Review and process contractor payment requests for preparation of Certificate of Payment.
- Prepare letters of reduction of municipal securities.
- Maintain favourable working relations with Municipal, Client and Contractor representatives.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within the civil engineering field barring special exemption granted by combined approval from the Business Group Manager, Manager, People & Culture, and Operations Administrator.
- Registered as either an AScT, C.E.T., C.Tech., P.Tech., P.L.Eng., or a P.Eng. within the Province of work (or approved equivalent).
- Valid Driver’s License. This position requires use of personal vehicle in good working order to be used occasionally for business use, for which there is reimbursement;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional and positive attitude.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work simultaneously on several different projects and with multiple internal Project Team members.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadline commitments.
- Knowledgeable in tender preparation and construction administration.
- Knowledgeable in applicable local municipal construction standards and specifications.
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, PDF markup tools, and standard Windows applications.
- Familiarity with sewer, water main, and road construction materials, methods and construction processes.
- Experience in project planning, risk management, cost management, schedule management and preparation/administration of contract documents and specifications is a significant asset.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Contract Administrator in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.