Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and develop designs for civil works, including engineering drawings for site plan applications, plan and profiles, report figures, etc.
- Experience in land development, commercial and institutional practice areas
- Lead and assist in the development of designs specific to site grading and site servicing; sewers, watermains, roads, stormwater management and sedimentation and erosion control.
- Experience and knowledge including an understanding of municipal, regional and provincial design guidelines and drawing requirements.
- Ensure a complete understanding of project requirements and client expectations to aid in the successful completion of the work.
- Contract specification document preparation including cost estimates.
- Plan, organize and prioritize the project tasks under your responsibility in conjunction with others to maximize productivity and to effectively meet established guidelines.
- Initiate and follow-up circulation to various agencies and work with appropriate authorities to establish relationships to gain speedy approval acquisition.
- Mentor junior staff
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience in the design for public and private clients
- Has a C.E.T designation.
- College diploma in Civil Engineering Technology or a related field
- High level of expertise in AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- Experience with stormwater and water modeling software
- A strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrated ability to perform individually or as a member of project teams.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events.
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.