As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Surrey Main office for a Field Inspector in our Municipal Division. This position requires a minimum of 1 year of relevant industry experience.
The Field Inspector will perform field inspections and prepare field review reports and help resolve issues in the field.
As a Field Inspector you will be required to contribute within a team environment. While working with various members of our engineering department, you will receive guidance and direction from assigned Project Managers and Senior Design Staff. Your primary obligations will be the successful implementation of engineering designs; ensuring compliance with local municipal standards and specifications; liaison with Municipal staff and Contractor; and the provision of some construction administration services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review of municipal engineering design drawings and correspondence for various land development projects and capital works improvements.
- Perform field inspections for compliance with standards and approved practice.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports as required.
- Prepare monthly progress payments and Letter of Credit reduction.
- Liaise with clients, municipal staff, contractors, and the local residents (general public).
- Undertake general construction administration in a consistent, reliable, and timely manner.
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of work outlined on the engineering drawings.
- Understand obligations of the parties under CCDC Stipulated Price or Unit Price Contracts as well as the expectations of the contractor according to the Company’s standard contract document.
- Provide timely responses to all internal and external parties as needed to ensure completion of the works.
- Involvement with the review of draft and final copies of the as-constructed drawings to ensure that the information shown accurately reflects the work performed in the field.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in the field of civil construction is an asset.
- Registered or qualified to register as a Technician or Technologist with ASTTBC is an asset.
- Possess knowledge of local municipal construction standards and specifications.
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Professional, positive attitude and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet firm deadlines.
- Must have valid Provincial Driver’s License with clean drivers abstract.
- Possess limited knowledge of the construction administration process.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and other job-related programs.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP Plan
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Social and team-building events
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating Civil Field Inspector in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.