As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Surrey Main Office for a Civil Engineering Inspector. The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the successful implementation of designs; provision of contract administration services to support the Project Managers and senior design staff; ensure compliance with local municipal standards and specification; and liaison with both municipal staff and contractor staff.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review of municipal engineering design drawings and correspondence for single family, multi-family, commercial land development projects and capital works improvements;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports as required;
- Perform field inspections for compliance with standards and approved practice;
- Prepare monthly progress payments and Letter of Credit reductions;
- Liaise with clients, municipal staff, contractors and the local residents (general public);
- Undertake general construction administration in a consistent, reliable and timely manner;
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of work outlined on the engineering drawings;
- Understand the obligations of the parties under CCDC Stipulated Price or Unit Price Contracts as well as the expectations of the contractor according to the Company’s standard contract document;
- Provide timely responses to all parties as needed to ensure completion of the works;
- Involvement with the review of draft and final copies of the as-constructed drawings to ensure that the information shown accurately reflects the work performed in the field;
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Currently registered, or qualified to register as a Technician / Technologist with ASTTBC. However, this is not a requirement.
- Possess knowledge of MMCD (where applicable) and related municipal construction standards and specifications;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of civil construction related to municipal, land development, industrial and/or commercial building projects.
- Effective communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within the team environment.
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Must have valid Provincial Driver’s License with clean drivers abstract.