As a result of our expanded growth, we are looking for a designer to join our Vancouver team. The Engineering Designer will perform a variety of design assignments on a project team who specialize in pump stations and municipal facility infrastructure. Responsibilities will vary depending on the level of industry and company experience. Ultimately, the Engineering Designer will assume responsibilities for the conceptual and detailed design phases for:
- Infrastructure design with a key focus on pump stations (sanitary, drainage and water) and other municipal facility infrastructure.
- Cost estimating.
- Engineering analysis and reporting.
- Tender preparation and contract award.
- Contract administration during the construction phase for either (or both) our land development projects and/or capital works improvements initiatives.
- Liaising with municipal and end-user operations staff to provide consultant support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake a variety of detailed design tasks to support the design of assigned municipal engineering projects involving pump stations, roads, storm and sanitary sewers, watermains, and related topics.
- Preparation of alternate designs as necessary.
- Technical analysis of the municipal infrastructure components including pump hydraulics and equipment selection with various pump vendors and suppliers.
- Coordination with sub consultant team on as prime consultant representative. Consultant team may include but not limited to: architect, landscape architect, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, traffic consultant, hydrogeologist, and geotechnical engineer.
- Interpret topographic information required for design.
- Perform site and lot grading, roadway designs, storm sewer, sanitary sewer and water distribution system designs to support the project site.
- Prepare detailed engineering drawings (primarily using Civil 3D and related applications).
- Prepare Erosion/Sediment Control Plans, Details and Notes.
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings.
- Prepare contract documents for project tendering and execute project design drawings.
- Prepare formal response letters to approving agencies addressing development engineering comments.
- Application of municipal engineering design criteria and drawing preparation standards for individual communities, particularly Subdivision & Development Control Bylaws.
- Application of relevant sections of the Provincial Building Code as it relates to the design of municipal engineering infrastructure on private property.
- Familiarity with MMCD Standards and Specifications along with occasional CCDC documents relating to Stipulated Price and Unit Price contracts.
- Familiarity with overarching federal, provincial, and municipal legislation, codes and bylaws.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the detailed design of municipal infrastructure for either public or private sector clients.
- Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Knowledgeable of tender preparation with limited construction administration experience.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of Civil Engineering Diploma or Degree from an Accredited Institution.
- Experience in the construction administration/coordination is an asset.
- Experience in the civil design industry is an asset.
- Eligible for future registration as either an AScT, C.E.T., C.Tech., or P.Eng. within the Province of work (or approved equivalent).
- Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to implement direction.
- Well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Civil Engineering Designer in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.