Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 53 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 200+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Surrey Main office for a CAD Technician in the AutoCAD Civil 3D field. This is an integral position that requires a minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities will vary depending on the level and extent of experience. Reporting to the Branch/Project Manager you will work primarily within a Project Team on a wide range of Land Development and/or Public Sector projects performing AutoCAD Civil 3D drafting work in the team environment.
- Prepare engineering base plans from survey information, GIS information, and record drawings;
- Prepare reference plans from consultant plans (Architectural, Landscape Architectural, etc.);
- Set up production drawings such as Cover Sheets, Notes, Key Plans, Roadworks, Storm Sewer, Sanitary Sewer, Water Main, Cross Sections, ESC Plans, Pavement Marking & Signage Plans, Design Details, etc.;
- Utilize Civil 3D labels, label styles, and production tools to effectively present the critical information in a visually effective way;
- Utilize and oversee the use of Sheet Set Manager to control large drawing set title blocks and sheet set information within a drawing package;
- Undertake drafting work in accordance with Client, Municipal, and Aplin Martin design/drafting standards;
- Complete redlines and plan revisions;
- Collaborate with Project Managers and design staff to provide status updates, discuss challenges, and address plan revisions; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- One year CAD certificate from a college or technical school, or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of Civil 3D drafting;
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D is required;
- Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work;
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written;
- Ability to accurately interpret redlines and direction; and
- Strong organization and time management skills.
What we offer:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Social and team-building events
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
How to Apply:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating CAD Technician in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.