Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 55 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 250+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for working closely with the Controller to manage and coordinate the financial administration by ensuring the timely preparation of month-end financial statements, bank reconciliations and managing collections.
- Work closely with the Controller to manage and coordinate the overall financial administration of the company.
- Ensure the timely preparation of month-end financial statements and account reconciliations.
- Support and manage Accounts Receivable for collections communication and tracking on past due invoices.
- Support month-end close for all divisions; maintain various schedules such as fixed assets, amortization schedules, books month-end adjusting entries and assist in the reconciliations as required for audited financial statements.
- Organize and prioritize departmental assignments and manage the timely completion of assignments.
- Initiate and implement process improvement and accounting control measures.
- Supporting controller in office implementation projects
- Assist in new system evaluation and setup.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Business Administration or Accounting
- 2 years of full cycle accounting experience
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience.
- Excellent proficiency with productivity software, MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong skills in using accounting/payroll software applications (Deltek, Power BI, Pay@Work, Workforce Now would be an asset)
- Strong organizational and time management to function in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with staff at various levels of the organization.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time-off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events.
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.