An Office Survey Technologist primarily works in the office under the direction of a Project Manager working on a wide range of projects from land development and strata/air space work, topographic and rights-of-way surveys for infrastructure and capital works projects, construction and monitoring surveys, surveys on First Nation lands and many other diverse types of surveys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Project Manager/Land Surveyor to ensure survey procedures are followed and project expectations are met.
- Provide office support and prepare drawings for various types of surveys that may include legal, topographic, right of ways, construction layout, as built and engineering surveys.
- Conduct land title office research.
- Work with clients in a professional manner.
- Field data processing and survey computations such as traverse and network adjustments, GNSS data processing etc.
- Ensure collected data is accurate and standard survey procedures have been followed.
- Assist in training and developing new team members.
- Available for field survey assistance occasionally
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Survey Technology Diploma and/or 2+ years’ experience in legal survey setting.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of dependability, technical ability and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Civil 3D, Microsurvey.
- Familiarity with StarNet and Leica Infinity is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating Survey Office Technologist in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.