Survey Manager, Surrey Main Office
Aplin Martin is a well established engineering, surveying, planning and architecture consulting firm. We are seeking a LAND SURVEY MANAGER to manage our Murray & Associates survey division in Surrey, BC. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, well-rounded Land Surveyor to oversee our market presence in the Vancouver lower mainland; maintain existing and build new client relationships, manage and deliver projects, and mentor staff. The selected candidate will join a very successful, busy office.
As a Survey Manager and seller-doer, you will be responsible for business growth and identifying opportunities, preparing and making presentations to clients for surveying and related services. As well you will work in collaboration with others Survey Project Managers and other business sector managers to win multi-discipline projects that include surveying, engineering, planning and architecture services.
On an operational level, the Survey Manager is also responsible for delivering high quality and cost-effective services, staff development, budgeting and financial control, identifying and implementing process improvements, business development, ensuring the operations of the office are regulatory compliant and follow all of the company’s operation policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform (depending on his/her professional designation) each essential duty at a very high level of competency, must have proven leadership skills and client/customer interaction experience including business development/sales. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Registered Professional Land Surveyor in the Province of work or a Technology diploma with 10+ years of equivalent experience in related field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Surveying including supervisory responsibilities, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Will possess an excellent understanding of the coordination between field survey, office computations and drafting with specific skills in data preparation work for field surveys;
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with all associates and senior management;
- Demonstrated analytical skills;
- Demonstrated business acumen;
- Research capability;
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to internal and external contacts;
- Ability to work under pressure while maintain a positive and helpful attitude; and
- Well organized with the ability to handle multiple and competing priorities.
Apply below with your resume.