Senior Project Engineer
As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our downtown Toronto office for a Senior Project Engineer . This is a top-level position that requires a minimum of 10+ years of design and project management experience. The Senior Engineer performs the role of project lead and works independently on various projects as assigned.
Required tasks include:
- Has overall technical and financial responsibility for a portfolio of private sector land development projects and or public sector projects
- Effectively manage assigned projects through the municipal design approval process as the Engineer of Record for the project.
- Responsible for the fundamental aspects of project management of assigned projects including budget tracking and invoicing.
- Direct involvement with the detail design process, guidance of technical support staff as needed to ensure completion of the design objectives, approvals and documents ready to be issued for construction.
- Exercise judgment on the appropriateness of engineering requirements identified by municipal jurisdictions.
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes
- Meet project milestone events in accordance with client and municipal deadlines.
- Track project progress and obtain authorizations/approvals for changes in schedule/scope.
- Resolve more complex issues during both design and construction phases.
- Contract Administration and Management.
- Operate across a variety of functional levels related to assigned projects.
- Provides mentorship and evaluation of junior staff.
Abilities and Experience required at these levels include:
- Minimum 10 years of local experience in design of land development projects
- Registered as a PEng. within the province of work
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work simultaneously on several different projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients and provide support to team resources
- Consistently able to produce accurate, high quality work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrates a very thorough understanding of all aspects of the land development industry or municipal field and is a recognized expert in the industry.
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing with technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing construction administration experience preferred.