Senior Civil Engineering Designer in Land Development, Calgary
An immediate opportunity exists in our Calgary office for a Senior Civil Engineering Designer in Land Development. The successful candidate(s) will be required to prepare construction drawings/documents, assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary land development design team.
Years of Experience: 8+
Responsibilities will vary depending on the level of professional standing and extent of experience. Ultimately, the Engineering Designer will assume responsibilities for the conceptual and detail design phases for all aspects of:
- Municipal infrastructure expansion and site plan design.
- Cost estimating and design approvals.
- Engineering analysis and reporting.
- Review of designs by others and mentoring.
Required tasks include:
- Preparation of detail design drawings (primarily using AutoCAD Civil 3D and related applications) for a variety of assigned municipal engineering projects involving roads, storm and sanitary sewers, catchment maps, water mains, stormwater detention systems and related topics.
- Designing ESC plans.
- Preparation of alternate designs as necessary.
- Interpretation of topographic information required for design.
- Site and lot grading and earthworks balancing/optimization.
- Technical analysis of the municipal infrastructure components including sewer design sheets and modelling software.
- Preparation of quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Preparation of reports, letters, memos and other project correspondence.
- Compilation of as-built records for design and record drawings. and
- Preparation of contract documents for project tendering and execution of the project design drawings.
Abilities at these levels include:
- Application of municipal engineering design criteria and drawing preparation standards for individual communities, particularly Subdivision & Development Control Bylaws.
- Following the design and construction standards established for the geographical area of service by the branch.
- Application of relevant sections of the Provincial Building Code as it relates to the design of municipal engineering infrastructure on private property.
- Familiarity with overarching federal, provincial, and municipal legislation, codes and bylaws.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the detail design of municipal infrastructure for either public or private sector clients.
- Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Educational allowances for professional development and career progression;
- Social and team-building events;
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events.