Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 53 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 200+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
We are currently looking for a Junior Water Resources Engineer/Hydrological/Hydraulic Modeller to join our Infrastructure Planning Group in Surrey, BC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and perform urban water, sanitary and drainage system modelling, including data management, model setup and calibration, and system assessment;
- Assist in the development of Infrastructure servicing plans for subdivisions, neighbourhood and city-wide areas;
- Perform hydrological and hydraulic modelling and assist in the development of Integrated Stormwater Management Plans and Flood Management Plans;
- Develop rainwater source control LID concepts and assist in LID designs;
- Conduct technical analysis in support Civil engineering design associated with municipal water, sanitary sewer, drainage conveyance works and hydraulic structures;
- Prepare construction cost estimates, implementation plan and operation and maintenance manuals; and
- Assist in the preparation of technical memorandums and reports.
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field with preferable minimum 1-2 years of related experience;
- Past knowledge and experience in hydrological and hydraulic analysis and modelling using various techniques and modelling software;
- Experienced with Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Civil3D, ArcGIS or QGIS and other computer programs that are typically used for preparing reports, presentation, and civil designs;
- Good communication and technical writing skills; and,
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience.
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid Vacation
- Educational allowances for professional development and career progression
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
How to Apply:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating Junior Water Resources Engineer in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.