Intermediate Civil Designer
As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our downtown Toronto office for an Intermediate Civil Designer/Engineer-In-Training. The successful candidate(s) will be required to prepare construction drawings/documents, assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare detailed design drawings (primarily using Civil 3D, and related applications) for a variety of assigned Land Development and Municipal engineering projects.
- Preparing road design and final grading for urban residential development projects.
- Developing engineering drawings and designs for land development and related water resources projects.
- Participating in full service design of Civil/Municipal engineering projects
- Stormwater management, site grading, sanitary sewer and water distribution system design for subdivision and land development engineering projects
- Interpret topographic information required for design;
- Perform site and lot grading;
- Complete the technical analysis of municipal infrastructure components;
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates;
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings; and
- Prepare contract documents for project tendering and execute project design drawings.
- Prepare Site Grading, Servicing, Erosion/Sediment Control Plans, Details and Notes in AutoCAD for Site Plan Application.
- Prepare Functional Servicing and Stormwater Management Reports in support of Zoning By-law Amendment and Site Plan Application.
- Prepare water/wastewater servicing calculations for proposed land development projects.
- Prepare stormwater management quantity and quality calculations.
- Coordinate design with consultant team including but not limited to: architect, landscape architect, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, traffic consultant, hydrogeologist, and geotechnical engineer.
- Prepare formal response letters to approving agencies addressing development engineering comments
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Completion of Civil Engineering Degree from an Accredited Institution;
- Minimum 5+ years of land development and or municipal design experience;
- Eligibility for Professional Engineer (PEng) Designation or Applied Science Technologist (AScT)
- Relevant Internships;
- Experience in Commercial, Subdivisions and Site Plan Design;
- Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and;
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments