Aplin & Martin Consultants Ltd is looking for 1-2 Survey Assistants in our multi-discipline professional services firm’s Surrey office. Applicants should have some experience in assisting a Field Survey Tech (Party Chief) in data collection in the field for a land surveying business.
As a Field Survey Assistant working primarily in the field under the direction of a Project Manager and a Field Survey Tech (Party Chief) working on a wide range of projects from land development and strata/air space work, topographic and rights-of-way surveys for infrastructure and capital works projects, construction and monitoring surveys, surveys on First Nation lands and many other diverse types of surveys.
- Survey or Geomatics technology diploma is an asset;
- Some work experience in a legal survey office environment is preferred;
- Physically fit;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work as a team member;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English;
- Valid BC driver’s license;
- Availability of vehicle for business use (mileage will be compensated).
WHY JOIN APLIN MARTIN?
- Employee-owned company with cooperative and supportive culture;
- Competitive compensation package (salary, bonus program, benefits package);
- Diverse and interesting projects, working on talented multi-discipline teams;
- Support for professional development;
- Mentorship and collaboration with a great project management team;
- Environment of continual improvement on processes;
- Up-to-date equipment and software with new Drone program and interest in new technologies;
- Fun social activities throughout the year.
ABOUT APLIN MARTIN
Established in 1968, Aplin Martin Surveying provides legal, strata, engineering, construction, and control surveys on a broad range of projects in the land development, infrastructure, commercial and industrial sectors. The Aplin Martin Surveying team operates out of Surrey, BC alongside Aplin Martin Engineering, Planning and Architectural professionals. Aplin Martin has offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Kelowna, Nanaimo, Calgary, Edmonton, and Toronto.