As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Head Office for an Drainage Engineer. This Intermediate Civil Engineer will join our Infrastructure Planning Group in Surrey, BC. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform urban water, sanitary and drainage system modelling, including data management, model setup and calibration, and system assessment;
- Support in the development of Infrastructure servicing plans for subdivisions and neighbourhood areas;
- Perform hydraulic structures assessment and design;
- Perform Civil engineering design associated with municipal water, sanitary sewer and drainage conveyance works;
- Prepare construction cost estimates; and
- Write and review of technical memorandums and reports.
Additional responsibilities will include client communication and management; assistance with proposal preparation; coordination with regulatory agencies, project planning, budgeting, and scheduling.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field + 5 years of related experience in civil engineering, hydraulic modelling, and master planning;
- Minimum 5+ years of land development and or municipal design experience;
- Eligibility for Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) Designation with EGBC;
- Experienced in project management;
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills;
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get involved in many unique and interesting projects throughout Canada. You will work in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and develop technical skills and experience within a wide variety of engineering situations.