Designation: PEng (Civil)
Must have a minimum of 3 years related experience. Responsibilities will vary depending on the level of professional standing and extent of experience. Ultimately, the Design Engineer will have direct involvement with the detail design process to ensure completion of the design objectives, approvals and all necessary documents ready to be issued for construction. The Design Engineer will assume responsibilities from the conceptual level through to detailed construction drawings.
Required tasks include:
- Preparation of detail design drawings (primarily using AutoCAD Civil 3D and related applications) for a variety of land development and capital works projects.
- Provide input to Project Managers in the preparation of fee proposals
- Prepare and review design calculations in accordance with current standards
- Interpretation of topographic information required for design.
- Site and lot grading and earthworks balancing/optimization.
- Preparation of quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Preparation of reports, letters, memos and other project correspondence.
- Answer technical enquiries during the construction of the project.
- Provide direction and mentoring to junior members of the design team.
- Compilation of as-built records for design and record drawings.
- Preparation of contract documents for project tendering and execution of the project design drawings, and;
- Contract administration during the construction phase.
Abilities at these levels include:
- 3-5 years of local experience in design of land development projects
- Registered as a PEng. within the province of work.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work simultaneously on several different projects
- Consistently able to produce accurate, high quality work
- Comfortable carrying out design work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Knowledgeable of tender preparation with construction administration experience preferred.