Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 53 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 200+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
We are currently looking for a Controller to join our growing team. This is an exciting opportunity to take our already wonderful finance function to newer heights and truly make an impact.
As a key member of the leadership team, the Controller will play a pivotal role in advancing the Company’s mission and vision, providing strategic insight and direction, supporting goals and objectives that foster revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
The Controller will be responsible for creating and maintaining financial programs and supporting information systems that include cash flow, financial reporting, financial statements, special analysis, and reports. In collaboration with the General Manager, the Controller will create a business plan and conduct a financial analysis of development opportunities and corporate performance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and implement short- and long-range finance goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Manage full-cycle accounting and ensure timely preparation of financial statements and related reports for all companies
- Prepare Financial modeling for mergers and acquisitions, multi-year strategic plans
- Officer and Director responsibilities for all Companies including Share Registers, consent resolutions, minutes, presentation and preparation of Director and Shareholder meeting materials, etc.
- Ensure cost and internal controls
- Coordinate and compile annual budgets and forecasts
- Coordinate annual audit
- Manage Cash flow including A/R and collections
- Maintain the Project Accounting system including report writing and custom requests
- Liaise with lawyers for Company-related matters
- Manage the finance/accounting and administrative departments
- Oversee the I.T. department and provides corporate support
- Manage the building facilities at Head Office
- Handle contract negotiations of professional, general and partnership insurance coverage
Qualification, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- CPA/CMA designation desirable
- 10+ years of experience in finance, at least 5 years in Controller/Finance Management role.
- IT and Building Facilities management experience preferred
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative problem-solving skills with an ability to implement solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Access, etc.)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience.
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid Vacation
- Educational allowances for professional development and career progression
- Social and team-building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
How to Apply:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Controller in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted.