Civil/Water Resource Engineer, Toronto
Location: Toronto, Ont.
Aplin Martin is a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary firm incorporating civil engineering, urban design and planning, architectural, and surveying services. With offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Nanaimo and Toronto our highly trained team of engineers, designers, planners, and surveyors bring quality leadership, knowledge, and experience to every project.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth, Aplin Martin has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Civil/Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Toronto, Ontario on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will carry out varied engineering design work from the conceptual level through to detail construction drawings. You will also perform system analysis, planning, and modeling for hydrologic urban and rural drainage, sanitary, and water systems for various types of land development projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing design calculations in accordance with current standards
- Preparing construction fee estimates
- Preparing planning and design reports, letters, and technical memorandums
- Preparing proposals and engineering fee estimates
- Undertaking quality control procedures and monitoring design standards on completed work
- Directing staff involved with the design process to completion
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
For this role, we are seeking someone with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, or a related discipline and registration as a PEng. You will also have at least four years of experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and civil infrastructure design with at least two years of consulting experience, preferably in the land development industry.
You will also possess:
- Previous experience with modeling programs such as PCSWMM, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS, or similar
- Experience in the design of civil infrastructure including drainage, water and sanitary sewer systems and hydraulic and flood control structures
- Specifying Stormwater Management Tanks including: Brentwood Chambers, Stormtech Chambers, etc.
- Phosphorus Loading Calculations based on the LSRCA/TRCA LID Implementation Tool
- Water Balance Design including annual Water Balance Budget
- Designing and Specifying Stormwater Management Quality Control Measures i.e. Jellyfish OGS.
- Familiarization with latest ETV Certified SWM Products
- Floodplain Cut/Fill analysis
- Knowledge of GTA Regulated Features i.e. Oak Ridges Moraine, Humber River, Rouge River, etc.
- Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
- The ability to prepare, present, and peer-review reports and engineering drawings
Strong time management and communication skills will serve you well in this role, as will high attention to detail and the ability to consistently produce accurate and high-quality work. You will have the ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute to project management, but also work independently, and to work concurrently on several different projects.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Social and team-building events, including company golf tournaments
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.