As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Kelowna office for a Project Engineer. This is an integral position that requires a minimum of 5 years of design and project management experience. The Project Engineer performs the role of project lead and works independently on various projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has overall technical and financial responsibility for a portfolio of private sector land development projects and or public sector projects;
- Effectively manage assigned projects through the municipal design approval process as the Engineer of Record for the project;
- Responsible for the fundamental aspects of project management of assigned projects including budget tracking and invoicing;
- Direct involvement with the detail design process, guidance of technical support staff as needed to ensure completion of the design objectives, approvals, and documents ready to be issued for construction;
- Exercise judgment on the appropriateness of engineering requirements identified by municipal jurisdictions;
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes;
- Meet project milestone events in accordance with client and municipal deadlines;
- Track project progress and obtain authorizations/approvals for changes in schedule/scope;
- Resolve more complex issues during both design and construction phases;
- Contract Administration and Management;
- Operate across a variety of functional levels related to assigned projects; and
- Provides mentorship and evaluation of junior staff.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of local experience in design of land development projects;
- Registered as a P.Eng. with EGBC;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Ability to work simultaneously on several different projects;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and clients and provide support to team resources;
- Consistently able to produce accurate, high quality work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Demonstrates a very thorough understanding of all aspects of the land development industry or municipal field and is a recognized expert in the industry;
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing with technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals; and
- Extensive knowledge and experience dealing construction administration experience preferred.
Why Work for Aplin Martin:
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Group RRSP Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid time off
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Civil Project Engineer in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.