As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Vancouver Office for a Civil Engineering Design Technologist. The successful candidate will be required to prepare construction drawings/documents, assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
As a Civil Engineering Design Technologist, you will:
- Prepare detailed design drawings (primarily using Civil 3D and related applications) for a variety of assigned Municipal and Land Development engineering projects;
- Preparing road design and final grading for urban residential development projects;
- Developing engineering drawings and designs for land development and related public sector projects;
- Stormwater management, site grading, sanitary sewer and water distribution system designs;
- Interpret topographic information required for design;
- Perform site and lot grading as well as site balancing and retention requirements;
- Complete the technical analysis of municipal infrastructure components;
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates;
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings; and,
- Prepare contract documents for project tendering and execute project design drawings.
The successful applicant will have:
- Currently registered or qualified to register as a Technician / Technologist with ASTTBC;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the production of civil construction documentation related to land development, industrial, commercial, and municipal projects, preferred;
- Knowledge and experience with design software, particularly Civil 3D, Infraworks/BIM 360 experience is an asset;
- Effective communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within the team environment; and,
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience.
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hybrid work schedule
- Paid Vacation
- Educational allowances for professional development and career progression
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
How to Apply:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating Civil Engineering Design Technologist in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.