Civil Engineering Designer, Vancouver
Designation: EIT /AScT
Responsibilities will vary depending on the level of professional standing and extent of experience. Ultimately, the Civil Designer will assume responsibilities for the conceptual and detail design phases for all aspects of:
- Municipal infrastructure expansion and site plan design.
- Cost estimating and design approvals.
- Engineering analysis and reporting.
- Tender preparation and contract award. and
- Contract administration during the construction phase for either (or both) our land development projects and/or capital works improvements initiatives.
Required tasks include:
- Prepare detailed design drawings (primarily using Civil 3D, and related applications) for a variety of assigned Land Development and Municipal engineering projects.
- Preparing road design and final grading for urban residential development projects.
- Developing engineering drawings and designs for land development and related water resources projects.
- Participating in full service design of Civil/Municipal engineering projects
- Storm water management, site grading, sanitary sewer and water distribution system design for subdivision and land development engineering projects
- Interpret topographic information required for design;
- Perform site and lot grading;
- Complete the technical analysis of municipal infrastructure components;
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates;
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings; and
- Prepare contract documents for project tendering and execute project design drawings.
- Prepare Site Grading, Servicing, Erosion/Sediment Control Plans, Details and Notes in AutoCAD for Site Plan Application.
- Prepare Functional Servicing and Storm water Management Reports in support of Zoning By-law Amendment and Site Plan Application.
- Prepare water/wastewater servicing calculations for proposed land development projects.
- Prepare storm water management quantity and quality calculations.
- Coordinate design with consultant team including but not limited to: architect, landscape architect, mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, traffic consultant, hydrogeologist, and geotechnical engineer.
- Prepare formal response letters to approving agencies addressing development engineering comments
Abilities at these levels include:
- Application of municipal engineering design criteria and drawing preparation standards for individual communities, particularly Subdivision & Development Control Bylaws.
- Application of relevant sections of the Provincial Building Code as it relates to the design of municipal engineering infrastructure on private property.
- Familiarity with CCDC documents relating to Stipulated Price and Unit Price contracts.
- Familiarity with overarching federal, provincial, and municipal legislation, codes and bylaws.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the detail design of municipal infrastructure for either public or private sector clients.
- Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Knowledgeable of tender preparation with limited construction administration experience.
Please apply below with your cover letter and resume