Designation: EIT /AScT
Responsibilities will vary depending on the level of professional standing and extent of experience. Ultimately, the Engineering Designer or Engineer-in-Training will work with the Pump Station group in our Vancouver office and assume responsibilities for the conceptual and detail design phases for all aspects of:
- Municipal infrastructure and site plan design with a key focus on pump stations; sanitary, drainage, and water.
- Engineering hydraulic analysis and reporting.
- Cost estimating and design approvals.
- Tender preparation and contract award; and
- Contract administration during the construction phase and liaising with municipal staff to provide consultant support.
Required tasks include:
- Preparation of detail design drawings (primarily using AutoCAD Civil 3D and related applications) for a variety of assigned municipal engineering projects involving pump stations, roads, storm and sanitary sewers, watermains, and related topics.
- Preparation of alternate designs as necessary.
- Coordination with sub consultant disciplines.
- Liase with municipal clients and other stakeholders.
- Interpretation of topographic information required for design.
- Technical analysis of the municipal infrastructure components including pump hydraulics and equipment selection.
- Preparation of quantity take-offs and cost estimates.
- Preparation of reports, letters, memos and other project correspondence.
- Compilation of as-built records for design and record drawings; and
- Preparation of contract documents for project tendering and execution of the project design drawings.
Abilities at these levels include:
- Application of municipal engineering design criteria and drawing preparation standards.
- Following the design and construction standards established in the widely adopted MMCD Standards and Specifications, and municipal Supplementaries.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the detail design of municipal infrastructure for public clients.
- Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Knowledgeable of tender preparation with some construction administration experience.
Please apply below with your cover letter and resume.