Unit 405, 55 St., Clair Avenue West, Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7
- Full time permanent with 37.5 hours/week
- Salary: $64,500/annum
- Language of work: English
- Eligible for future registration as either an AScT, C.E.T., C.Tech., or P.Eng. within the Province of work (or approved equivalent).
- Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to implement direction.
- Well organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Application of municipal engineering design criteria and drawing preparation standards for individual communities, particularly Subdivision & Development Control Bylaws.
- Application of relevant sections of the Provincial Building Code as it relates to the design of municipal engineering infrastructure on private property.
- Familiarity with CCDC documents relating to Stipulated Price and Unit Price contracts.
- Familiarity with overarching federal, provincial, and municipal legislation, codes and bylaws.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in all aspects of the detailed design of municipal infrastructure for either public or private sector clients.
- Knowledgeable of technical design issues, constructability, cost, and design approvals.
- Knowledgeable of tender preparation with limited construction administration experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or closely related discipline is required;
- Minimum one year of experience in civil design industry.
- Project Coordination – Coordinate with contractors and design team.
- Prepare drawing production in AutoCAD Civil 3D for various projects; interpret engineering drawings and communicate details to contractors.
- Prepare cost and material estimates and monitor project costs.
- Document site activities, track materials, equipment, and labour; ensure safety and design specifications are followed and costs contained.
- Conduct surveys during various phases of design and construction; analyze results.
- Conduct quality control / quality assurance inspections for installed underground and above ground infrastructure (catchbasin, sewers, maintenance hole, water services, curb and sidewalk, asphalt)
- Conduct deficiency inspections and compile inspection reports.
- Conduct specific tasks including capacity analysis of sewer systems, perform stormwater management calculations, and complete watermain distribution analysis and modelling in EPANet
- Assist in the preparation of reports, proposals, and memorandums; maintain all documentation.
- Ensure compliance with municipal standards.
- General coordination and communication with clients, consultants, and various stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY:
We would love to hear from you. Fill out below and click ‘Apply’ or email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating Civil Engineering Designer in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.