As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Kelowna Office for two Civil Engineering Design Technologists. Our recently renovated office is located in the 100-year-old Cannery Building, nestled within the Cultural District of beautiful downtown Kelowna staff have access to great local restaurants, walking paths, cycling routes, and ample parking.
As a Civil Engineering Design Technologist, you will:
- Prepare detailed design drawings (primarily using Civil 3D and related applications) for a variety of assigned Municipal and Land Development engineering projects.
- Preparing road design and final grading for urban residential development projects.
- Developing engineering drawings and designs for land development and related public sector projects.
- Stormwater management, site grading, sanitary sewer and water distribution system designs;
- Interpret topographic information required for design;
- Perform site and lot grading as well as site balancing and retention requirements;
- Complete the technical analysis of municipal infrastructure components;
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates;
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings;
- Prepare contract documents for project tendering and execute project design drawings; and
- Render projects in Infraworks, create visualizations for public consumption.
The successful applicant will have:
- Currently registered or qualified to register as a Technician / Technologist with ASTTBC.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the production of civil construction documentation related to land development, industrial, commercial, and municipal projects.
- Knowledge and experience with design software, particularly Civil 3D, Infraworks/BIM 360 experience is an asset.
- Effective communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within the team environment.
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance.
- Social and team-building events, including company golf tournaments.
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.