Aplin Martin is an employee-owned company celebrating over 50 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over these five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 200+ civil engineers, urban planners, architects, and land surveyors delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, Alberta, and Ontario. At Aplin Martin, we are committed to providing accessible, responsive, and professional service and support to our clients through our offices in Kelowna, City Central Surrey, Surrey North, Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver and another new location in Nanaimo. Our steady expansion in response to opportunities with some incredibly loyal and valued clients and industry partners is achieved because of visionary leadership, talented professionals, and dedicated employees. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
Our Kelowna office recently relocated to our new office at 1258 Ellis Street. This brilliant new location in a 100-year Cannery Building anchors the new Cultural District of Kelowna. It is truly an inspiring place to work; it allows staff to have access to local restaurants, walking paths, cycling routes, and parking at their fingertips.
About the Opportunity:
Due to continued growth, Aplin Martin has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Intermediate/Senior Civil Engineer to join our team in Kelowna, British Columbia.
In this role, you will carry out varied engineering design work from the conceptual level through to detail construction drawings. You will also perform system analysis, planning, and modeling for hydrologic urban and rural drainage, sanitary, and water systems for various types of land development projects. The role will initially support current projects and is forecasted to be one of leadership in the design, growth, and development of a Public and or Private Sector Engineering team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing and reviewing design calculations in accordance with current standards
- Preparing construction fee estimates
- Preparing planning and design reports, letters, and technical memorandums
- Preparing proposals and engineering fee estimates
- Undertaking quality control procedures and monitoring design standards on completed work
- Directing staff involved with the design process to completion
The Successful Candidate:
For this role, we are seeking someone with a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline and registration as a P.Eng with EGBC. You will also have at least four years of experience in civil infrastructure design, including hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, preference given to candidates with a mix of private and public sectors.
You will also possess:
- Previous experience with modeling programs such as SWMM, PCSWMM, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS, or similar
- Experience in the design of civil infrastructure including drainage, water, and sanitary sewer systems and hydraulic and flood control structures
- Specifying Stormwater Management Tanks, including Brentwood Chambers, and Stormtech Chambers,
- Knowledge of Okanagan Regulated Features i.e., Kelowna, West Kelowna, and Vernon,
- Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
- The ability to prepare, present, and peer-review reports and engineering drawings
Strong time management and communication skills will serve you well in this role, as will close attention to detail and the ability to consistently produce accurate and high-quality work. You will have the ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute to project management, but also work independently and to work concurrently on several different projects.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Social and team-building events, including company golf tournaments
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team is passionate about their work and community. We regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Please apply below with your cover letter and resume.