CADD Technician, Nanaimo
Aplin Martin is a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary firm incorporating civil engineering, urban design and planning, architectural and surveying services. With offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto and in Nanaimo, BC. Our highly trained team of professionals bring quality leadership, knowledge, and experience to every project.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth, Aplin Martin has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced CADD Tech to join our team in Nanaimo, British Columbia on a full-time basis.
As a CADD Technician you will:
- Develop and prepare drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, and other data;
- Ensure that errors and/or omissions are minimized by examining drawings and making required alterations as required;
- Print drawing sets for review and approval to produce complete packages;
- Coordinate project drawings with Managers and other design staff;
- Maintain familiarity with current drafting techniques and developments to sustain and improve technical skills;
- Contribute to the set up and maintenance of departmental CAD standards.
The successful applicant:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills;
- Computer skills to produce effective drawings, develop concepts, and prepare reports and presentations;
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office;
- Must demonstrate an understanding of quality standards relative to specification design, planning; and engineering fundamentals and principles;
- Must have knowledge of engineering design principles and procedures;
- Must have post-secondary education equivalent to a 2-year college diploma in Drafting Technology with additional courses in AutoCAD Civil 3D;
- Minimum 2 years of CAD drafting and design experience in the land development consulting industry.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance;
- Social and team-building events.
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
Please apply below with your resume: