Aplin Martin is a full-service Civil Engineering, Architecture, Planning, and Survey company, celebrating over 53 years of success in making sustainable communities a reality across Canada. Over the five decades, the Aplin Martin family has grown into a multi-disciplinary firm of 200+ talented and dedicated professionals delivering innovative and practical design solutions, approval strategies, and project management services to our clients in BC, AB, and ON. Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC.
The Administrative Assistant will ensure efficient and timely day-to-day operation of the office and provide administrative support to the management and staff. Working under the supervision of the Branch Manager or the designated supervisor(s), the Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and office support activities. Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Uses computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare proposals, reports, memos, and other documents
- Sorts incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepares and sends outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels
- Forwards incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Purchases, receives and stores the office supplies ensuring basic supplies are always available
- Codes and files material according to the established procedures
- Updates and ensures the accuracy of the organization’s database
- Backs-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Liaises with administrative staff in other branch offices of the company
- Provides administrative support to management and other staff
- Makes travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff
- Cleans and maintains computer equipment
- Responsible for general cleaning of office, boardroom, kitchen, collection of garbage & recycling
- Performs month end duties as required
- All other tasks required for the smooth and efficient running of the office
- Answers general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Directs phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Replies to general information requests with accurate information
- Greets clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- High School Diploma/Post-secondary education in business, computers, or office management
- 1-3 years’ experience in an office setting.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office 365.
- Proficient in the use of office equipment.
- Highly organized, detail oriented.
- Ability to work well under pressure, plan, prioritize and multi-task.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation
- Educational allowances for professional development
- Social and team building events
- Friendly and supportive team that works hard and plays hard
How to Apply:
We would love to hear from you. Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only successful candidates will be contacted.