Construction Inspector – Nanaimo
As a Construction Inspector you will be required to contribute within a team environment. While working with various members of our engineering department, you will receive guidance and direction from assigned Project Managers and Senior Design Staff. Your primary obligations will be the successful implementation of our designs; provision of contract administration services to support the project managers and senior design staff; ensure compliance with local municipal standards and specification; liaison with municipal staff and with contractor’s senior staff.
- Review of municipal engineering design drawings and correspondence for single family, multi-family, commercial land development projects and capitals works improvements;
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly inspection reports as required;
- Perform field inspections for compliance with standards and approved practice;
- Prepare monthly progress payments and Letter of Credit reductions;
- Liaise with clients, municipal staff, contractors and the local residents (general public);
- Check as-built drawings;
- Undertake general construction administration in a consistent, reliable and timely manner;
- Attend meetings with clients, contractors and municipal staff and make notes and records of the outcomes of these meetings for project record purposes;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the scope of work outlined on the engineering drawings;
- Understand the obligations of the parties under CCDC Stipulated Price or Unit Price Contracts as well as the expectations of the contractor according to the Company’s standard contract document;
- Provide timely responses to all parties as needed to ensure completion of the works;
- Involvement with the review of draft and final copies of the as-constructed drawings to ensure that the information shown accurately reflects the work performed in the field.
- Possess knowledge of MMCD and related municipal standards and specifications;
- Possess knowledge of the construction/ administration approval process;;
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and other job related programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Professional and positive attitude;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously;
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet firm deadlines;
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving abstract.