Intermediate Survey Technician – Edmonton
Aplin Martin is a full-service company with offices located in Surrey, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto. Our offices are friendly, fast-paced and supportive – both professionally and personally.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Educational allowances for professional development and career progression;
- Social and team-building events;
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth, Aplin Martin has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Intermediate Survey Technician to join our team in Edmonton, Alberta on a full-time basis.
- Work closely with project managers and Alberta Land Surveyors to ensure survey procedures are followed and project expectations are met.
- Complete survey computations and plan preparations for municipal surveys that may include legal, topographic, right of ways, construction layout, as-built and engineering surveys.
- Process Survey data and ensure best practice surveying procedures were carried out.
- Work with clients in a professional manner.
- Contribute to the review of existing processes to determine if any changes can be made to increase efficiencies in field and office procedures.
- Implement quality assurance measures as required by client, project manager, or Alberta Land Surveyor.
- Assist in training and developing junior team members.
- Adhere to all company policies, including safety policies.
- Other duties that may be assigned as necessary.
- A Degree or Technology Diploma in Geomatics. Equivalent combinations of education and Experience will be considered.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in legal, construction and engineering surveys in municipal settings.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of dependability, technical ability and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office and other general applications), with working knowledge of TBC,MicroSurvey, AutoCAD and/or Civil3D.
- Working knowledge of Robotic total stations, latest conventional survey technologies and GNSS solutions.
If you feel that this is the right challenge for you, and you meet these qualifications, please respond below.