Engineering Drafting/Design Technician – Edmonton
Aplin Martin is a full-service company with offices located in Surrey, Vancouver, Kelowna, Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto. Our offices are friendly, fast-paced and supportive – both professionally and personally.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits;
- Life and disability insurance;
- Educational allowances for professional development and career progression;
- Social and team-building events;
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth, Aplin Martin has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Engineering Drafting/Design Technician to join our team in Edmonton, Alberta on a full-time basis.
- Prepare detailed design drawings using AutoCAD Civil3D for a variety of assigned Municipal and land development engineering projects.
- Preparing road, underground utility and grading designs for land development projects.
- Prepare quantity take offs and cost estimates
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings
- Work with clients in a professional manner.
- Contribute to the review of existing processes to determine if any changes can be made to increase efficiencies in field and office procedures.
Assist in training and developing junior team members.
- Adhere to all company policies, including safety policies.
- Other duties that may be assigned as necessary.
- A Diploma in Civil Engineering or Engineering design and drafting technology. Equivalent combinations of education and Experience will be considered.
- Currently registered or qualified to register with ASET
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in legal, construction and engineering surveys in municipal settings.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of dependability, technical ability and attention to detail.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments,
- Proficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office and other general applications), with working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil3D.
If you feel that this is the right challenge for you, and you meet these qualifications, please respond