Civil/Water Resources Engineer – Surrey
Aplin Martin is a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary firm incorporating civil engineering, urban design and planning, architectural, and surveying services. With offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Kelowna, Calgary and Edmonton, our highly trained team of engineers, designers, planners, and surveyors bring quality leadership, knowledge, and experience to every project.
Aplin Martin has been recognized numerous times and has received the Project of the Year award from the Public Works Association of BC for our work on the Number 4 Road Drainage Pump Station and The Plaza Park Project for the City of Richmond. Aplin Martin has become one of the first firms to become an Accredited Employer Member-in-Training (MIT) with APEGBC.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth, Aplin Martin has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Civil/Water Resources Engineer to join our team in Surrey, British Columbia on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will carry out varied engineering design work from the conceptual level through to detail construction drawings. You will also perform system analysis, planning, and modeling for hydrologic urban and rural drainage, sanitary, and water systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing design calculations in accordance with current standards
- Preparing construction fee estimates
- Preparing planning and design reports, letters, and technical memorandums
- Preparing proposals and engineering fee estimates
- Undertaking quality control procedures and monitoring design standards on completed work
- Directing staff involved with the design process to completion
The Successful Candidate
For this role, we are seeking someone with a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources, or a related discipline and registration as a P.Eng with APEGBC (or provincial equivalent). You will also have at least four years of experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling and civil infrastructure design with at least two years of consulting experience.
You will also possess:
- Previous experience with modeling programs such as SWMM, HEC-RAS, and HEC-HMS, or similar
- Experience in the design of civil infrastructure including drainage, water and sanitary sewer systems and hydraulic and flood control structures
- Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
- The ability to prepare, present, and peer-review reports and engineering drawings
Strong time management and communication skills will serve you well in this role, as will high attention to detail and the ability to consistently produce accurate and high-quality work. You will have the ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute to project management, but also work independently, and to work concurrently on several different projects.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Social and team-building events, including company golf tournaments
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.
If you are an experienced Engineer looking for a role with great potential for career advancement and professional growth, this is the role for you!