Civil Engineering Design Technologist – Surrey Main Office
As a result of our expanded growth, an immediate opportunity currently exists in our Surrey Main Office office for a Civil Engineering Design Technologist. The successful candidate will be required to prepare construction drawings/documents, assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare detailed design drawings (primarily using AutoCAD and Civil 3D, and related applications) for a variety of assigned Municipal and Land Development engineering projects.
- Preparing road design and final grading for urban residential development projects.
- Developing engineering drawings and designs for land development and related water resources projects.
- Participating in full service design of Civil/Municipal engineering projects
- Stormwater management, site grading, sanitary sewer and water distribution system design for subdivision and land development engineering projects
- Interpret topographic information required for design;
- Perform site and lot grading;
- Complete the technical analysis of municipal infrastructure components;
- Prepare quantity take-offs and cost estimates;
- Compile as-built records for design and record drawings; and
- Prepare contract documents for project tendering and execute project design drawings.
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Currently registered, or qualified to register as a Technician / Technologist with ASTTBC, or as an EIT or P.Eng with APEGBC.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the production of civil construction documentation related to municipal, land development, industrial and commercial building projects.
- Very good knowledge and experience with design software such as AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Effective communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within the team environment
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments