Civil Design Technologist – Toronto
Location: Toronto, Ont.
Closing Date: 8 Mar 2018
Aplin Martin is a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary firm incorporating civil engineering, urban design and planning, architectural, and surveying services. With offices in Vancouver, Surrey, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton and Toronto our highly trained team of engineers, designers, planners, and surveyors bring quality leadership, knowledge, and experience to every project.
About the Opportunity
Due to continued growth, Aplin Martin has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Civil Design Technologist to join our team in Toronto, Ontario on a full-time basis.
In this role, you will carry out varied engineering design work from the conceptual level through to detail construction drawings. You will also assist with system analysis, planning, and modeling for hydrologic urban and rural drainage, sanitary, and water systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- AutoCAD design of Site Servicing Plans, Site Grading Plans, Servicing and Roadworks plan/profiles
- Analysis and sizing for storm, sanitary and water services and systems
- Preparing construction fee estimates and contract documents.
- Preparing planning and design reports, letters, and technical memorandums including Functional Servicing and Storm Water Management Reports in support of Zoning or Site Plan applications.
- Undertaking quality control procedures and monitoring design standards on completed work
- Directing staff involved with the design process to completion
The Successful Candidate
For this role, we are seeking someone with a Civil Engineering Technologist College Diploma or similar Post-Secondary diploma focused on Civil Engineering Technology. You will also have at least five years of hands-on design experience in land development engineering and civil infrastructure design with at least three years of consulting experience.
You will also possess:
- Proficient experience in the design of civil infrastructure including drainage, water, sanitary sewer systems, roadways and parking lots.
- Understanding of the Planning and Approval Process in the Greater Toronto Area
- Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills
- The ability to prepare, present, and peer-review reports and engineering drawings
Strong time management and communication skills will serve you well in this role, as will high attention to detail and the ability to consistently produce accurate and high-quality work. You will have the ability to work with multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute to project management, but also work independently, and to work concurrently on several different projects.
Upon joining Aplin Martin, you will receive a competitive salary that is reflective of your skills and experience. You will also have access to a wide range of benefits, including:
- Extended medical, dental and vision benefits
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible work schedules to promote a healthy work/life balance
- Social and team-building events, including company golf tournaments
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
At Aplin Martin, you will find a friendly and supportive team that works and plays hard. Our team are passionate about their work and regularly participate in continuing education programs and industry events. We are happy to foster opportunities for professional development and career progression.